The Caen/Cherbourg Higher School of Art and Media is a Public Institution for Cultural Cooperation (EPCC) under the joint supervision of the Urban Community of Caen la mer, the town of Cherbourg-en-Cotentin, the Ministry of Culture and Communication and the Normandy Region. It originated in the merger of the Caen Higher School of Art and Media and the Cherbourg-Octeville Higher School of Fine Arts.
Caen/Cherbourg esam welcomes almost 300 students on its two campuses in the disciplinary fields of Fine Arts and Graphic Design:
– Premises in a new building designed by the studioMilou cabinet that opened its doors in October 2009 on the Caen peninsula;
– Entirely renovated premises that opened their doors in October 2011 in the former maritime hospital of Cherbourg.
– Volume section: wood workshops; metal workshops, in which cutting and welding, folding, forging, casting are done; a resin and plastics workshop.
– Ceramics section: workshops allowing students to explore a multitude of ceramics techniques (molding, modeling, turning, casting, enameling and tin glazing, raku, stoneware, reduction and oxidized baking)
– Print section: engraving workshops in soft carving, xylography, aquatint, screen-printing workshops with a number of print tables; lithography and photolithography workshop.
– Publishing section: printer allowing wood-typography, lead typography, offset and digital.
– Photography section: film developing laboratory, black and white and color printing workshops, including one for large formats; a shooting studio; a digital photography workshop.
– Video section: video editing spaces, film studio equipped with a cyclo for embedding
– Sound section: sound studio equipped with a voice recording studio; sound editing spaces
– Computer and multimedia section: computer room for classes, digital workshops in typography, layout, multimedia, animation and virtual 3D.
Libraries: The libraries located on each of the two campuses of ésam Caen/Cherbourg provide up a fund of references and resources for visual and contemporary art from the 20th century to today, that is to say over 27,000 documents in printed form (monographs, exhibition catalogues, essays) audiovisual documents (CD-Audio, DVD, CD-Rom), periodicals (art reviews, French and international graphic design reviews).
Student workshops: workshops with an area of 100 and 200m2 allow each student to benefit from an adapted workspace within the school throughout the year so as to imagine and carry out their personal projects. The pedagogical exhibition spaces allow them to present their work in professional conditions during evaluations or when passing degrees.
A 250 seater auditorium with a 12×11m plateau.
A large (200m2) exhibition gallery located on Caen campus that hosts exhibitions of school graduates in addition to other exhibitions by artists from outside of the school, programmed in the framework of cultural partnerships.
ésam Caen/Cherbourg has been running a programme of international cooperation and exchanges for over 30 years : joint workshops and exhibitions, residency programs, field trips, student and staff mobility…
The school holds bilateral agreements with the following institutions:
Fachhochschule Mannheim, Germany
Fachhochschule Münster, Germany
Hochschule für Gestaltung Offenbach am Main, Germany
Muthesius Kunsthochschule in Kiel, Germany
Plymouth College of Art, United Kingdom
University of the Arts London – Wimbledon College of Art, United Kingdom
Ecole de Recherche Graphique de Bruxelles, Belgium
St Cyril and St Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Escola d’Art i Superior de Disseny Ondara Tarrega, Spain
Budapest Metropolitan University of Applied Sciences, Hungary
Hungarian University of Fine Arts, Hungary
University of Ulster, United Kingdom
Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna, Italia
Latvijas Makslas akademia, Latvia
Vilnius Academy of Arts, Lithuania
Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Macedonia
Bergen Academy of Art and Design, Norway
Akademia Sztuk Pieknych Warszaw, Poland
Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Turkey
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced learning, Canada
University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
Maryland Institute College of Art, USA
Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath College of Fine Arts, India
Universidad Internacional, Mexico
Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts, Russia
Ecole cantonale d’art du Valais, Switzerland
photographs: Michèle Gottstein
Vážení návštěvníci, omluvte prosím dočasnou nefunkčnost některých sekcí webu Bubahof.com vlivem úprav grafického rozložení.